Exciting festive deals for my programming ebooks till 30-Nov-2022:
- All 13 Books Bundle — $10 (normal price $28)
- Practice Python Projects — FREE (normal price $10)
- Learn by example Python bundle — $3 (normal price $15)
See my blog post for amazing deals from other creators and publishers. Includes books and courses on Python, Django, Infosec and more!
This book presents five beginner to intermediate level projects inspired by real world use cases:
- Enhance your CLI experience with a custom Python calculator
- Analyzing poll data from a Reddit comment thread
- Finding typos in plain text and Markdown files
- Creating a GUI for evaluating multiple choice questions
- Square Tic Tac Toe — creating a GUI game with AI
To test your understanding and to make it more interesting, you'll also be presented with exercises at the end of each project. Resources for further exploration are also mentioned throughout the book.
Beginners who've finished a basic programming book or a course often wonder what they should do next. After solving exercises that test your understanding of syntax and common logical problems, working on projects is often recommended as the next step in the programming journey.
Working on projects that'll help you solve real world use cases would be ideal. You'll likely have enough incentive to push through difficulties instead of abandoning the project. Sometimes though, you just don't know what to work on. Or, you have ideas, but not sure how to implement them, how to break down the project into manageable parts, etc. In such cases, a learning resource focused on projects can help.
Your Practice Python Projects book is really helping me to reinforce my knowledge and mastery of Python as I'm learning — feedback on twitter
For a preview of the book, see sample chapters on GitHub.
Visit https://github.com/learnbyexample/practice_python_projects for programs and related example files presented in this book.
Feedback and Errata
I would highly appreciate if you'd let me know how you felt about this ebook. It could be anything from a simple thank you, Gumroad rating, pointing out a typo, mistakes in code snippets, which aspects of the book worked for you (or didn't!) and so on. Reader feedback is essential and especially so for self-published authors.
You can reach me via:
- Issue Manager: https://github.com/learnbyexample/practice_python_projects/issues
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/learn_byexample
You'll get PDF and EPUB versions of the book.